So I had hinted earlier that I would have some news soon....There are just some things that should be said face to face (or at least over a phone conversation)....Now that we have spoken to our friends and family, I can share it with the online world!
As I mentioned, Christian had started the extensive set of testing to see if he could be a live donor for Alexa. He is almost finished up his testing and so far things look quite promising; so much so that the Living Donor Transplant team have already assigned us a tentative date for surgery.
We got to select from two dates: June 20th---which is her birthday, so for obvious reasons we declined that date and selected July 18th.
We still remain on the transplant list for now, so if something else comes up in the meantime, we will of course be called through that route.
Should that not pan out and to be honest, after waiting a year and 3 months to get the call (and be able to accept it), I am not holding my breath. We finally have a plan B and if all goes according to plan, Alexa and Christian will undergo surgery at two side by side hospitals on July 18.
We are (or at least I am) nervous, scared, excited and every other emotion under the sun. There is a ton of stuff that I need to do to prepare and I am not quite sure where to start.....